Friday, 18 May 2018

P4- Magazine

 



Equipment
  • PC
  • Photoshop
  • Microsoft Word
To create my magazine I needed a PC, without one it would be impossible to create it in the digital way that I wanted to. It allowed me to run the software that I required in order to complete my planning, creating the magazine and also the evaluation.


I used Photoshop to create my magazines front cover. I used its smart and simple layer system to produce it in the layout I wanted. By making my image a layer behind the text, it meant I could cover as much of the page as possible with the image, rather than being worried about covering areas in which text would be more suited. Photoshop also allowed me to erase the background of my picture, leaving just my model. This was a useful feature to use as common magazine convention suggests that the main image on the front cover is usually without a background. This helps the reader to focus solely on the person in the image as they can be a vital selling point for the magazine.


Microsoft Word was helpful when planning and writing my article. During planning, it allowed me to put all my research and sources into one document. This is good when referring to the research you have done within your article as it is all in the same place. It also allowed me to annotate other magazine covers and my own to analyse and evaluate. From the other magazine covers it helped me to pick up codes and conventions that I could use myself and when analysing my own I was able to see what I had done well and possibly what I was missing.


I created my double page spread using Photoshop. This allowed me to create an A3 template and make it horizontal to replicate a double page spread. The image was easily moved and resized in the software and I was able to insert my article with no problems at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment