My questionnaire had a total of ten questions and I received
a total twenty responses, with 95% totally completed. I believe this is because
all my questions were closed, meaning it did not take too much thinking, nor
effort to finish the questions. Even though I used closed questions, I did
insert comment boxes on a few questions to allow users to input some more
specific answers. These types of answers can help much more than simply a ‘yes’
or a ‘no’. For example, question #9 asked whether the person answering uses
social media. I inserted a comment box under this one as just knowing if they
use social media hardly helps me. However, if they tell me what social media
they use, I then know which ones are most popular, which can help when
marketing.
One question that
ensured me that the topic of my article was suitable was question #4. This
question asked the user whether they know who their local football club is. An
overwhelming majority of 14 (out of 19) answered ‘No’, telling me that they did
not know who their local team is. Inside the comment box, people had written
things such as “I haven’t been told”, “Not advertised”. Someone even stated
that they’d “Never heard anyone talk about it”. This tells me that my magazine
and article will be informative to the local community, as it seems like they
are not being encouraged to find out or get involved with Grassroots or any
local football club in their area.
Within
my article, I will write about how social media could help local football clubs
increase the crowds they receive at each game. I believe this is a suitable
point to make as question #9 revealed that 95% of the people who answered use
social media, with Twitter and Instagram being the most popular, being
mentioned five times and eight times respectively. As this is such a majority,
it would make sense to mention social media in my article.
One
significant question was #8. This asked users whether they would be interested
in a local football magazine (the product I have proposed). This was important because
the answers would tell me whether there’s a place for my idea or not. Out of 20
people, 50% said they were open to the idea (with 20% of people saying ‘Yes’
and 30% of people saying ‘Maybe’), outweighing the 35% that said they were not
interested. The rest of the people (15%) said they were ‘Unsure’, meaning there
is still an audience that can be won over. These results show that there is a
place for my magazine, meaning I should go ahead with my original idea and
produce this media product.



No comments:
Post a Comment