There are very few
legal constraints that come along with the creation of this project due to it
only being a front page and a double page spread. If more content was required
there could’ve potentially been more legal constraints.
The main legal issues that come with
the project are those to relating to the image/photography aspect of it. To
avoid issues with copyright, I will not be sourcing images from any external
places, instead taking the matter of taking photographs and creating content
for my magazine into my own hands. Before I take any photographs, I will have
to ask for the land owners permission. For example, if I was to take a picture
of the school field, in order for me to be able to use that in my magazine, I
would have to ask permission from someone in a position of authority in the
school. e.g. the Head of Sixth Form. If I am not given permission from this
person, then I would not be able to use the image.
Another issue I have to be careful
about is release forms. If I was to take a picture of someone and intended on
using it within my magazine, I would have to draw up a release form that states
the person (I would include their name) that signs the form has given me
permission for any pictures of them to be used in the magazine. If I do not get
the release form signed or the person in the pictures does not want to sign the
form as they do not want to be in the magazine anymore, then I can no longer
use those images and would have to either Photoshop the person out of the
images or get new ones, potentially with a more willing participant.
Other issues I will face during the execution of my article are ethical constraints. To be ethical, I will need to show an understanding of right and wrong. I will do this by making sure everything in my article is truthful and accurate. This will be done by finding reliable sources and quoting exactly what my interviewee has said. I will name sources and include them in my magazine so that readers can find the information themselves if they feel the need to in order to prove its accuracy.
Other issues I will face during the execution of my article are ethical constraints. To be ethical, I will need to show an understanding of right and wrong. I will do this by making sure everything in my article is truthful and accurate. This will be done by finding reliable sources and quoting exactly what my interviewee has said. I will name sources and include them in my magazine so that readers can find the information themselves if they feel the need to in order to prove its accuracy.
No comments:
Post a Comment