Format: Magazine
I am going to create a Magazine to challenge whether
Grassroots football is still relevant to those in the community, finding out
if people still attend training sessions and whether the teams get any
support from those who live in the area.
|
||
Working Title: Off The Bar
The title will have a bold and simple design (most likely white with a black boarder) as I hope the simplicity will add professionalism to the design. My slug will be "Off The Bar" as
|
||
Genre: Grassroots Football
It
adds more of a personal feel to football magazines as it focuses on the local
area rather than the national and sometimes global scale that competition
such as Match of the Day Magazine or FourFourTwo provide.
Grassroots meets the requirement of community as the programme is all about getting more people involved in sport, more specifically football. I will be focusing on local football, allowing me to ask people that I know about the subject and relate it to the community around myself. |
||
Content:
My
magazine will have an article based upon an interview with someone that has
spent a long time being involved with local, Grassroots football. The interview will most likely be the body copy of the article. Alongside
the article, I will have an image/images that are relevant to the content of
the article. This is so the image doesn’t look out of place. The main body of the article will be placed on the right hand side of the double page spread. To draw the reader into the article, I will use a pull quote of something that has been said in the interview in order to give them an idea of what the interview and the article may be like. To use this effectively, the pull quote will be one of the potentially most entertaining parts of the interview.
|
||
Style or Approach:
The
main colour of the magazines front cover will be green, as I plan on having
an image of a football pitch, to imply to the reader that it is a football
magazine upon their first look. The colour green connotes nature, this
implies going outside and being active, which is recently become a concern of
parents, that their children are not going outside ad being active enough.
This could encourage sales of the magazine as parents believe it could spark
an interest in exercise, and more specifically football. I will be using
Photoshop to create my magazines aesthetic as I believe it’s the most
suitable software for the job. This is because of the simple layer and free
transform features that will allow me to position the components of each page
to where I want them to be. Photoshop will also allow me to add effects that
add to the aesthetic of the magazine.
|
||
Audience:
My
magazine is targeted at any age, but more specifically millennials. The
gender of my main target audience will be men as within the proximity of the
location the magazine will be released in, mostly men play local football,
with female teams being quite rare in the area. No ethnicities will be chosen
specifically as the article should be trying to promote inclusion. The magazine will be fairly cheap so that the spending power of the audience is not too much of a worry. The area in which it will be released (Maghull/Lydiate), this is a mostly rural that has a fairly average incomes throughout (excluding those that earn under and over the average, as these people obviously exist).
|
||
Length:
I
intend to create a front cover and a double paged spread. It will be A4 in
size as this is most common in magazines and will contain an article of
around 600 words. The article will not be too long and most likely consist of
small paragraphs as the way news is consumed has changed as we have become
more technological, meaning quicker, easier to read/scan through articles are
more appealing.
|
||
Frequency:
My
magazine will be a one-time release as it will motivate me to create the
highest quality of magazine possible, as there is only one issue to prove
that I can create a magazine on this subject and of a real quality.
|
Monday, 30 April 2018
P1- Proposal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment